Terms of Membership
The Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait staff and volunteers are committed to making this a positive place for all fans to celebrate the love that is Michael Jackson. We are advocates of kindness, caring and compassion for others. Therefore, we retain the right to turn members away for aggressive, negative or inappropriate conduct. Participation indicates agreement with these terms.
Rules of Conduct
The following rules, guidelines, and disclaimers shall govern and/or apply to the use of the Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait (herein sometimes referred to “MJTP”) services on this website including, without limitation, messages, profile comments, and group postings, or any other services provided on this website.
This is a tribute to Michael Jackson, created by and for his fans. Dot members are asked to follow these rules of conduct:
- Treat each other with dignity. There may be differences of opinion. Refrain from being hostile, argumentative or abusive if you disagree with another person’s point of view. If you have a contrasting opinion, state it clearly and tactfully. If necessary, agree to disagree. Respect others even if you don’t agree with them. Remember that each of us is connected by our appreciation and love of Michael and everything good that he represents.
- Remember the human element. The dot members on this tribute are people with feelings. Offensive, hateful, racist, profane or disparaging comments will not be tolerated.
- Be compassionate. Everyone is dealing with feelings of grief and sorrow about losing Michael. Reach out to others who may need friendship, support and love.
- Respect that all fans are important when it comes to Michael, regardless of how long they have been fans. Every person has their own story about how they came to love Michael. The path they took to get here is not important. What is important is that they are here.
- Honor Michael’s legacy by uniting together in Love.
MJTP administrators reserve the right to remove, edit or delete any posting, groups or discussion threads that are inappropriate such as:
- Posts that are defamatory, libelous, antagonistic or an invasion of privacy or violations of the rights of another member.
- Posts that are obscene, abusive, harassing, threatening, off-topic, or inappropriate as determined by our administrators.
- Posts that are in violation of copyright, trademark or intellectual property laws, as determined by our administrators.
- Posts promoting, soliciting or advertising, commercial products, programs or services, which have not been preapproved for posting by the MJTP staff.
- Groups that are promoting negativity, hate, racism, violence or vengeful behavior. We are a tribute of Love.
- Spamming, trolling, or phishing.
- Spreading rumors.
In addition, you agree not to use the website to do any of the following:
- Impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, another dot member, MJTP staff or volunteers, or otherwise misrepresenting yourself or your affiliation with another person or entity.
- Upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses, or other data that might interfere with, disrupt, or destroy the operations of this website or other website users. MJTP staff and volunteers are not responsible for what happens to others’ computers.
- Break any local, state or federal laws, or laws otherwise specific to your country of origin and/or residence.
These rules and guidelines will be strictly enforced. Violation of the rules will result in being removed from the site. We reserve the right to delete any message or posting for any reason. We do not review every message, nor do we confirm the accuracy or validity of information posted. We do not actively monitor the contents of every posting, nor are we responsible for the content of any postings. You remain solely responsible for the content of your postings, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless, The Michael Jackson Tribute Portrait, the staff, and its volunteers, with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your postings. We reserve the right to revoke your membership for any reason whatsoever.
We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a continual harassment, complaints or legal action arising from any message posted by you.
You can report spam, abuse or other inappropriate content by clicking the "Report" link on the page containing the content you wish to report. Select the reason for the report, and please include a description of what you’re reporting, so we know what we’re looking for. Or, you can report them by sending an Email to our Help Desk: HelpDesk@MichaelJacksonTributePortrait.com.
It is our goal to keep this tribute a positive and friendly place to discuss our love and appreciation for Michael Jackson; a place to celebrate the good and carry on the legacy. He is the reason we are all here. Please cooperate with this spirit when interacting with other dot members on the website.
Participation indicates agreement with these terms.